Check out the book I'm writing!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fairy Land

Words.
I'm searching for them
Blindly
In the dark.
Feeling for them
With my fingertips.
The scratch of pen on paper
The texture of keys on my finger pads
The invisible, unfeeling touchpad under my deft hands.
So many
Mediums.
So many ways
To write.
Yet I stumble over the
Words.
My pen fails
The keys stick
My hand forgets the way.
I am blind
And someone has rearranged the furniture.
The
Words
Are all the same.
So many ways to find them
So many ways to become lost.
Don't you know
It is the story
And not how it is told
That matters?
Don't you know the
Words
Are meaningless if they say nothing?
Fairy Land is just
Words.
Of course it is.
What else could it be?
What more could it be?
Merely
Words?
Wherefore "merely"?
This world
Here
Is merely.
Merely sights
And sounds
And smells.
Merely touch.
How "merely"
Words?
What more is there?
Shall I tell you?
There us nothing more.
Nothing greater.
In the beginning was
Words.
Once upon a time there were
Words.
That is all.
That is enough.
One day,
Happily ever after,
There will be
Words.
Not merely
Words.
Just
Words.
Enough
Words.
All
Words.
For that is all there is
Here.
In
Fairy Land.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That was really, really enjoyable, Miss Emma. You should blog more often, methinks. :)