Check out the book I'm writing!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Coffee Chronicles: Day Three

For years now, I have carried a heavy burden. I tried to ignore it, to pretend it wasn’t there. I tried compensating for it and excusing it away. But now it’s time to come clean. I don’t like coffee.  I love the smell of it, but I can’t stand the taste. And now, after years of asking for a cup of tea after dinner, or simply doing without, I’ve decided it’s time I learn to like coffee.

The motivation came in the form of a gift. A bag of coffee beans given to me just before Christmas. As I accepted the beans, I decided then and there I was going to learn to like coffee. So now, I invite you to join me on my journey to learn to appreciate this American breakfast staple.

Mixture: Same as Yesterday.

Results: Drinkable, but not enjoyable. I've recently gotten some feedback on Facebook about my coffee experiment, so tomorrow I'm going to start changing up the ingredients I use.


1 comment:

Zachary said...

I think you should try making the coffee weaker, then only having to add a splash or two of creamer/half and half/milk. Then you'll have the additive modifying the coffee instead of the other way around.

Just my personal opinion. When you want a cup of black coffee that'll keep you wired for 2 days, let me know. I can do that one too. =P