Check out the book I'm writing!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I am Thankful for... (Part 3)

...Being back in school.

I think I occasionally overlook how blessed I am to be in school right now, probably in part becuase being-in-school has been my general state of being for most of life.

But to be able to spend my time and energy studying the things I love is something I'm truly grateful for. While I sometimes get overwhelmed when I think about the years of schooling between now and where I want to be, while I sometimes feel like I'm doing the most selfish thing in the world by going to school and studying past cultures, and while I sometimes wish for the stability of a "real" job and home, I wouldn't trade the opputunity I have for anything.

I'm here in graduate school becuase of the support and aid of my parents, teachers, and friends, and I never want to forget that.

So now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready for my Latin class. Today is a "fun" day, so we'll be translating from the first Harry Potter book, which has been translated into Latin.

(I'm also thankful that someone has bothered to translate Harry Potter into Latin)

No comments: