Check out the book I'm writing!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Bunny!

Today I want to tell you about a book. The book is called "Watership Down" and is written by Richard Adams.  It is, on the surface, a book about rabbits, but is really about different forms of government. I've read it twice, and enjoyed it both times, especially the mythology Adams created for the rabbits. (An aside to apologize to anyone who may have watched the cartoon version of the book and was traumatized by the sight of rabbits fighting each other. This book was NOT meant to be made into an animated children's' movie)

I mention this book because I'm starting to suspect that I and my Nanna are the only two people who have read it. The main character of the story is a male rabbit named Hazel. Male. Rabbit. Hazel. I feel obligated to stress this point because I have adopted a male rabbit and named him Hazel. This has prompted several people to ask me if isn't Hazel a girl name.

He is, quite possibly, the fuzziest rabbit in the world. I will try to post pictures later this week, but don't have time to mess with my camera at the moment. In the meantime, imagine a giant, fluffy cotton ball. Now imagine a slightly smaller cotton ball sitting on top of that one, with a grey nose, and two grey ears. That's what he looks like.

He is very friendly, and immensely curious about everything that goes on around him. I imagine you all will be hearing a lot about him on this blog.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! My was fun, with lots of family, friends, and food.

4 comments:

Christy Z said...

Nope, you're not the only one who has read it. And I agree with your opinion of the movie. I also finally read the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society on your recommendation. Absolutely loved it and now I want to go to Guernsey for a reading vacation.

Emma said...

Glad you like the Potato Peel Pie Society! It's one of my favourites!

Joanne said...

Not true! We had to read it in 10th grade, I think for summer reading. Only a few people got that it was a political satire on their own though.

Fiona said...

I love Watership Down! One of my favourite books of all time.