Check out the book I'm writing!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Already Learning

Well, school hasn't even started yet and I've already learned lots of things.

1. Decorating the apartment is a lot harder to do by myself than it was with my roommates to help.

2. Getting lost on campus in 97° weather is a good way to make new friends.

3. Knitters and fiber lovers will always find each other.

4. Anyone who can successfully complete a graduate school application should automatically deserve acceptance.

5. There are limits to what 3M hooks will hold.

6. No matter how many times you make your list, or how many times you check it, you will always forget to pick up something from the store.

7. Learning to cook and a new kitchen can be challenged. Especially when said kitchen is small enough that you can touch both walls with their arms outstretched.

8. My Garman GPS is amazing.

9. I really think of going to like graduate school.

10. A bit unrelated, but I thought you'd find it interesting that I wrote this entire post without touching the keyboard. My carpal tunnel syndrome is doing much better, but still gives me pain when I type. So, I bought a software called MacSpeech Dictate. It converts speech into text, and I used it to write this entire post.

Well, that's about all I have energy for today. Time to head to bed early and get ready for a day trying to navigate the halls of academia.

No comments: