Check out the book I'm writing!

Friday, June 11, 2010

The Big 2-0-0

I realized yesterday that today would be my 200th post. I thought about what to do to make it special, and after thinking it over, and talking with my two most loyal blog readers (my grandmothers :) ) I've decided to present my top 10 favourite/most significant posts. I've summarized each one a little, so you can decided ahead of time if you want to read it :)

Comment Challenge: I know you all don't like to leave comments, but I'd be interested to know just how long you've been following my blog. Just leave the number of years, months, weeks, or days (specify which) in the comments. Thanks!

(in chronological order)

    While far from spectacular, on Thursday, Oct. 25, 2007, this post marked the beginning of my blog. 

    The reason I started this blog was to have a way to stay in touch with friends and family while studying in Oxford. One of the most memorable parts of my time in England was hiking the 100 mile Costwold Way (and it wasn't just memorable because it led to the discovery of my knee injury that still plagues me today)

   What most defined my time in Oxford was the friendships I forged there, and nothing forms friendships faster than falling into the river.

    Making a life overseas is hard...leaving it is harder. 

5. Blog
    The post where I decided to continue my blog, even though it would no longer serve its original purpose. And now you know the rest of the story.

    This post marked a new direction in my life. From here on out, I stopped hesitating to answer 'yes" when peopled asked if I was a runner. 

    My life has seen a lot of changes throughout my time blogging, both in where I am physically, and where I am spiritually. But as I prepared to leave college and enter who-knows-what, I made a resolution to not worry about tomorrow. Things didn't quite work out the way I'd thought they would when I wrote this post, but I still stand by what it says.

    I've moved a lot in the last several years of my life, and traveled even more. And when you bring your heart with you wherever you go, and always leave some of it behind, it can be hard to hold onto a concept of "home". 

9. 2009
    I summarized my past year but, more importantly, this is the post where I decided to blog three days a  
week.

       This poem meant a lot to me when I wrote it, and still does. 


Going back through my old posts was like seeing a flipbook of my life. It made me realize just how much I've changed - and just how much I haven't. Thank you to all of you who have joined me in my journey. I look forward to many more adventures with you. 

5 comments:

Andrew said...

As far as I know, I've been with you since the first few posts; I picked it up to follow your English adventures.

Christy Z said...

3 years I think.

Robin said...

Gosh, I guess I'm the new kid on the block... nearly a year now, and so glad we met via our blogs. :)

Thanks for sharing your most favorite/significant posts. Even just reading your summaries gave me an opportunity to learn more about you. I look forward to reading them ....

Hugs,
r.

Bevdotcom said...

Sorry I'm late reporting...been behind in my reading...Still I've been following since your stay in Oxford so April, 2008 or so..2 yr,3 months give or take. It's been a fun ride.

Bevdotcom said...

Let me revisit my calculations on how long I've been following this blog...Jan. 2008! When you left for Oxford. That would be 2 yr, 6 months or so. Does it count that went back and read all the previous entries? :)