Check out the book I'm writing!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

2 Row Scarf Pattern

Way back when I was planning out my Knitting Olympic project, I had a few requirements for my design. I wanted it to be lace (which my knitting group has determined is anything with a Yarn Over in it), I wanted it to be reversible*, and I wanted it to be simple. I also wanted a pattern that could be be knitted narrow to make a scarf or wide to make shawl. What I came up with was a 2-row stitch pattern that, to me, looks like little rows of seeds planted in furrows.
*By reversible, I don't mean its identical on both sides, but rather that both sides look nice.



So, without further ado, my two-row scarf/shawl pattern, Seedling.

CO Multiple of four, plus 2 (ex: 12 + 2 = 14 stitches)
Row 1: k1, *k1, yo, k1, yo, k2,* repeat from * until one stitch remains, k1
Row 2: k1, *k1, ssk, k1, k2tog,* repeat from * until one stitch remains, k1
Repeat rows one and two until piece is desired length. Bind off.

Abbreviations (click on links for instructions):

Info about the scarf I made:
Needles: US 10
Stitches: 34 (8 sets of 4, + 2)

No comments: