Check out the book I'm writing!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Cleaning

I’ve explained to people before that the state of my room often reflects the state of my mind. Some people, upon hearing this, and seeing the mess that my room often is, are sometimes concerned. To them I want to explain; I can and do exists quite happily in the messy disorganized state my room appears to be in. When I clean it up, it is not so much for myself, but so that others can make sense of the mess. Writing is my mental equivalent to cleaning my room. I won’t deny that sometimes it’s nice to find a book or a thought exactly where I last left it, but I can always find it in the end. And sometimes, the search is even more fun that the discovery. How boring, if everything was always where I thought it was! I’d never find anything new.

That being said, my room is currently a disaster zone, and I'm afraid I can only blame so much of it on entropy. I have a lot of cleaning and organizing to do, both in my room and in my mind. I'm going on vacation this week, and I hope packing will take care of my room and resting will take care of the rest of me. I'll try to post while I'm gone, but I'm not taking my laptop, only my iTouch (loaded with 6 episodes of Doctor Who, a small library's worth of books, and a chess game that can either be one or two player- and of course all my knitting apps). 

All of which is to say, I may or may not be posting for the next week. Also, I'm working on developing an idea I had the other day, and I'l hopefully be able to share it with you all in the next couple of weeks. Hope you're up for a challenge :)

Over and out.

No comments: