Check out the book I'm writing!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Choose Your Own Adventure

This post is for you...no, really, it is


I've been thinking about my blog lately. What started as a simple way for me to keep my friends and family up-to-date with my life while I was studying abroad has grown into, well, something else. And in a lot of ways, it's no longer my blog. This isn't a bad thing. I've always felt that once you've written something and shown it someone, it ceases to be solely yours, as the reader now has some ownership in it. And as my blog now has readers (more than ever before), I think it's time you had some ownership in it.

So, I'd like to ask for your feedback on my blog, what works, what doesn't, what you would like to see more/less of, etc.

To get you started thinking, I've come up with a few questions you can answer if you're so inclined.

1. What topic(s) do you most like reading about that I currently write about (e.g. knitting, running, poetry, stories)?

2. What subjects would like to see me write more about (e.g. philosophy, Classics, my activities, etc). Are there any new topics you would like to see?

3. What would like to see me write less about?

4. Would you like me have a day where I let you (the readers) pick the topic I write on (options include adding another blogging day to my week, posting on reader topics on Monday, picking one day a month to write on reader chosen content, any other ideas you might have).

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read my blog, and I look forward to reading your feedback!

P.S. Perelandra and the Iliad are currently tied for which book I read from the roof of the library- if you haven't voted, please do so :)

No comments: