Check out the book I'm writing!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Knitting Olympics

I'm competing in the Knitting Olympics (click on pic in sidebar for more info). The basic concept is to pick a project that will challenge you and cast on when the Olympics start. You have until the end of the Olympics to finish your project. I'm going to be knitting a lace scarf/shawl with some lovely silk I was tricked into buying while in Colorado (the LYS owner handed it to me. How could I not buy it after feeling how soft it was?). The pattern is my own design, and is supposed to resemble little flowers growing in rows.  I don't have anything substantial to show yet, but will post pics as I make progress.

On another note, I was swatching for my project today when my Mom saw me. She started at my hand for a moment, then asked, "What are you doing?" Now my Mom has seen me knit hundreds of times, so I didn't quite understand what she was asking.

"I'm knitting, Mom."

"But what are you doing? I've never seen you knit like that before."

I looked down at the yarn in my hand and laughed. I was casting on. My Mom had seen plenty of works in progress, but must never have seen me start a project before.

Well, that's it for now. I got some lace to work on.

No comments: