Check out the book I'm writing!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Reading...

Tonight, I have decided not to write much because I'm busy reading. I made the mistake yesterday of idly turning a few pages of a book I'd read last summer, and found myself instantly pulled back into the story, and have not been able to put it down since.

The book is "Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. It is set in post-WWII England, and told entirely in correspondences. I irrevocably recommend it to everyone. The only way I can imagine one disliking this book is if one also dislikes books, well told stories, and people- and I imagine such a person would not be reading anyways.

If you are still reading this post, stop. Go find a copy of the book. Then come back and let me know what you thought.

Happy reading!

2 comments:

Christy Z said...

Ok, I read every chance I get and have started listening to books in the car since I now have a long commute. I tried to listen to this book and could not keep the characters straight. I loved the description but was disappointed. Maybe a book to be read instead? I'll give it a try again.

Emma said...

Definitely a book to be read. Even reading keeping the characters straight can be hard. I can't imagine listening to it on tape.