Check out the book I'm writing!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

And...We're Back!

I have Internet again! We were without for almost a week (hence the lack of a blog yesterday), but now that its back, so am I, and I'm resuming my normal blogging schedule. So much has happened since I last posted that the easiest thing to do is make a list.

1. Friends: I met up with my two best friends (and former roommates) in St. Augustine, for three wonderful days of sharing and being together. Then, the day I got back home, my two other best friends, who I met in England came to visit, and we got to hang out, discuss England, and have tea. Friends are wonderful things.

2. Disney Marathon Weekend: This is always a busy time for me and my family, but all went well, and we're all mostly recovered. I worked Runners Relations and ran an Expo scavenger hunt on Twitter, which was lots of fun.

3. Read Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, which all my middle school boys love. The premise is that in modern day America the Greek gods are alive well and wreaking havoc as usual. As Classicist, I enjoy catching all the mythological references. As a middle school tutor, I enjoy how Riordan completely captures the middle school mind-set.

4. Finished my grad school apps. I know I already said this, but its such a big thing to me I wanted to say it again. The problem now is that I'm not sure if I'm more afraid of not getting in again, or of what I'll decide if I do get in.

5. Slept. This is what one does after working the Disney Marathon.

Hmmm...I thought this list would be longer when I started it. Oh well. Stay tuned for my first "Writing on Wednesday" tomorrow.

No comments: