Check out the book I'm writing!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Update

So, I have to confess, I haven't been knitting as much as usual. I've been spinning.

I finished spinning the alpaca fibre I was working on for a friend (no pics...I want it to be a surprise), and it came out really well. Not perfect, but very good. Besides, if you want perfect, by your yarn at a store.

I also ordered a new spindle and some milk protein silk from Silver Sun Alpacas. While I waited for my new fibre to come in, I got a little artistic with my drop spindle.



I now have my new spindle, a soprano Spindolyn, and it is amazing. Even before my fibre came in I enjoyed spinning it and watching it rotate in it's base. Spinning on it is addictive. Add to it that the fibre I'm working with gorgeous and incredibly soft, and its no surprise my knitting has been neglected.




See? Who could walk away from that? But I'm going to have to, or else my Christmas knitting will never get done.

DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: http://cmp.ly/0

1 comment:

Robin said...

Sounds like a great tool! Happy spinning! :-)