Check out the book I'm writing!

Friday, September 11, 2009

What I Remember

I was in 3rd period math when I heard about the attack on the World Trade Centers. An my thoughts immediately went to my cousin, N., who was 9 months pregnant at the time. Her husband, S., worked at the WTC.  I called my Mom at worked, and before I could say anything, she said, "S. is okay." There aren't really words for the relief I felt.

But what I remember most that day was feeling very, very, alone. Something about 9-11 moved me in a way I can't explain, and my reaction to it surprised even me.

I wrote. Almost everyday for a year I wrote about 9-11, my reactions, and the reactions of those around me.

And I read. I read the newspaper, and I cut out the pictures, headlines and articles. Some were positive reactions, some were negative, but I tried to collect a range of them. And I thought today I'd share some of what I collected.






No comments: