Check out the book I'm writing!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bad Blogger

Yep. That’s me. Mea culpa, mea culpa, and all that. It just seems like I always have more going on than I have time to tell about it and, conversely, that what does happen is so ordinary I can’t think of ways to be creative with the telling.

My classes are all going well, but that’s boring news. I am loving Ballroom Dancing, and have learned to waltz, which makes me feel accomplished in a Pride-and-Prejudice kind of way. None of my classes are overly difficult, it’s just the sheer number of them that keeps me so busy. For example, this week I have a paper due, a Latin test, a History test, and, to top it all off, it’s a Cluster week, which means I’ll be up ‘till about 2am Tuesday night proof-reading section pages. Sigh. Who says college is the last time in your life that you don’t have responsibilities?

So, anways, my new theme this semester has been skies. The sky is a beautiful thing, a constantly changing collage of colour and shape. Sometimes it seems entirely random, and other times gives the illusion of pattern. There are pink sunsets, orange sunsets, and deep, royal purple ones. There are times when the sun seems to cut through the clouds in a fanning ray of light, and times when it lights up clouds from behind so they look like halos. It is truly an awesome thing.

I hope you enjoyed this brief entry, and I will try to write more often, but now I need to go get back to work on those papers etc.

No comments: