Check out the book I'm writing!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

…And a Half

I can’t remember the last time I really thought about how long six months were, but I think it was probably when I was very little and eagerly awaited the day each year when I could correct people “I’m not five. I’m five and a half”. But it has been a long time since half a year mattered to me. For most of my life, the years have been divided by school. First semester, break, second semester, summer, new grade. But now, I’m looking at a new measurement. Six months. Six months away from my family. Six months away from my friends. Six months away from my country. And suddenly, the half of a year I used to look forward to seems like a very, very, long time.

2 comments:

mom said...

we hope and pray you have a great six months, emma.

Nanna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.